If you are a State Farm customer and you want to cancel your insurance policy, you might be wondering how to do it. Maybe you have found a better deal with another company, or maybe you no longer need insurance for your car, home, or rental property. Whatever the reason, you have the right to cancel your policy at any time, without paying any fees or penalties.
However, canceling your insurance policy is not as simple as just saying goodbye. There are some steps you need to follow to make sure you end your coverage properly and avoid any problems or gaps in your protection. In this guide, we will explain how to cancel State Farm insurance by phone, by mail, or in person, and what to consider before you do.
State Farm’s cancellation policy
State Farm allows you to cancel your policy effective immediately upon request or at a specified date. In order to cancel your coverage, you will need to provide certain information, including your name, date of birth, and your insurance policy number.
Covered policyholders who are canceling because they have sold their vehicle may also be required to provide either a bill of sale or proof that you forfeited your vehicle’s license plate.
State Farm doesn’t charge a cancellation fee, and you can cancel your coverage any time. If you have prepaid your insurance premiums, you can receive a prorated refund.
Things to Consider Before Canceling Your State Farm Insurance Policy
Before you decide to cancel your State Farm insurance policy, there are some things you should consider carefully:
Do you have a new insurance policy in place? If you are canceling your auto insurance policy, you should make sure you have a new one ready before you end your coverage with State Farm. Driving without insurance is illegal in most states and can result in fines, license suspension, or even jail time. If you are canceling your home or renters insurance policy, you should also have a new one ready before you end your coverage with State Farm. Otherwise, you might be exposed to financial risks if something happens to your property or belongings.
Do you qualify for any discounts or savings with State Farm? Before you switch to another company, you might want to check if you are eligible for any discounts or savings with State Farm. For example, if you bundle multiple policies with State Farm, such as auto and home insurance, you might get a lower rate than if you buy them separately from different companies. You might also qualify for discounts based on your driving record, vehicle features, safety devices, loyalty, or other factors. You can contact your agent or visit the State Farm website to learn more about their discounts and savings options.
Do you need to inform anyone else about your cancellation? Depending on the type of policy you are canceling and the state where you live, you might need to inform other parties about your cancellation. For example, if you are canceling your auto insurance policy, some states require that
How Can I Cancel My State Farm Insurance?
You can easily cancel your State Farm insurance by contacting their Support department via phone call, visiting the State Farm office in person, or sending them a mail regarding your request.
Cancel State Farm Insurance Via Phone Call
1. You can contact your agent to cancel your State Farm insurance or dial the State Farm help number for the same.
2. Dial 800-STATEFARM (1-800-782-8332) and you will be connected to an agent at State Farm.
3. Tell them that you wish to cancel your State Farm Insurance and they will try to explain to you all the benefits you may lose and more.
4. If you are determined, insist on canceling the insurance and provide them with all your personal and insurance details that they may require to cancel the insurance.
5. Follow the steps as they say and they will help you cancel your State Farm insurance.
Cancel State Farm Insurance In Person
1. You can cancel your State Farm insurance in person and for that, you must visit your nearest office of State Farm.
2. Go to the office and speak to an agent there regarding your insurance cancellation request.
3. They might try to talk you into the benefits of insurance and why you should continue with it but if you really don’t want to continue with your insurance, you can firmly say no.
4. Provide them with all your insurance details and personal information that they ask for to make the cancellation.
5. They will review your insurance status and will help you accordingly.
Cancel State Farm Insurance Via Mail
1. You can also write a letter for your insurance cancellation and mail it to State Farm’s address.
2. In the letter, write down that you wish to cancel your State Farm Insurance and thus they must accept your request.
3. You must add your Name, Address, State Farm policy number, contact number, the date to terminate your insurance, signatures, and other required details in your letter.
4. When you have finished writing the letter, you can mail it to the Corporate Headquarters of State Farm Insurance / One State Farm Plaza / Bloomington, IL 61710.
5. They will send you a mail when the procedure is completed.
Cancel State Farm Insurance- FAQs
Is There A Fee To Cancel State Farm Insurance?
No, State Farm will not charge a cancellation fee from you if you decide to terminate your insurance or policies. However, all your balances or dues must be paid before canceling your insurance. You can cancel your State Farm Insurance in person by visiting your State Farm office, on phone by contacting the agent, or by sending them a mail regarding your request.
How Can I Manage My State Farm Account?
If you wish to make particular edits to your State Farm account or need to manage certain information there then you can visit the State Farm Manage Account page. You can learn about your policies, get information about your agents, and even get complete information on canceling your policy.
Can I Cancel My State Farm Auto Insurance Online?
No, State Farm does not allow you to cancel your Auto insurance online from their website. You must speak to your agent for cancellation and they will help you accordingly. However, you can visit the State Farm Customer Care page to learn more about the situation or get information about your agent.
How Can I Contact State Farm Customer Support?
If you have queries related to your insurance policy or need information regarding your agent or more then you can dial their help number 800-STATEFARM (1-800-782-8332) and speak to a representative. You can also visit the State Farm Customer Care page for more information.