How to Delete The League Dating Account – Cancel Permanently
Are you looking to delete your League Dating account? Well then, you’re in the right place. We will guide you step by step on how to delete your League Dating account entirely without any difficulty.
You might have used League to find your partner and perhaps you were invested in dating too, but now you don’t have much time and energy. Then, you should think of closing your League Dating account and taking a break. No matter what your reason behind deleting the account is, this article will guide you till the end.
What is The League Dating app?
The League is a social and dating mobile application launched in 2015 which is available in several cities all over the world on iOS and Android. It allows users to connect their LinkedIn and Facebook profiles and then select their preferences for matches, with criteria like gender, age, height, distance, education, religion and ethnicity.
League dating app assigns a representative for each user to support you throughout your dating journey. Like Tinder, you can swipe right if you’re interested to make a potential match, or swipe left to pass. However, it shows users only five potential matches a day. Users can organize events and create groups. It is mainly designed to bring elite singles together who have a higher standard when it comes to partners.
The League uses a selection process where each member receives one ticket to bring in a friend, allowing that friend to bypass the application process. Without a ticket, a potential user can sign up for the waiting list.
The League works by scanning an applicant’s Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to analyze alma maters, degrees, professions, industries, social influence, neighborhood, and age, along with the diversity of applicants. Currently, there are over 420,000 profiles waiting to be selected for inclusion. You can pay to become a member which allows you to jump in the line.
The League has mobile apps for both Android and iOS so you don’t have to freak out about what device you should use. You can use free as well as a premium membership where the premium membership offers some exclusive features.
Things to remember before Deleting or Deactivating The League account
You must be aware of some important points before deleting or deactivating your account.
- Deleting your account will make you start from the beginning in case you decide to use it again. Remember that, The League dating app has a waiting list of users to get into the platform.
- Deactivating and deleting your profile will lose your spot on the line and put your account back at the end of the line. It means you will have to wait for a long period of time to use the app again.
So, it will be better if you re-think your decision to delete your League dating account or you can try deactivating your account instead.
What happens when you deactivate the League Dating account?
As soon as you deactivate the League dating account, all your information will be put on hold and your account will be inactive but not be removed permanently. Likewise, you’ll lose a spot on the line and be put back at the end. However, you will get back everything you had on your account when you come back.
When your account is deactivated, it will be hidden from all other members. Other users will still be able to see your old messages but will not be able to send any more messages. Also, you can no longer chat with them until you reactivate your account. But remember your subscription will still be active.
You won’t receive any notifications or emails during this period. Even though you won’t receive any notifications or emails after deactivation, you can still get some promotional emails. If you want to get rid of that too, you can unsubscribe from all The League emails. To do that open your email, go to the inbox, find, and open an email from The League, scroll down, and click on Unsubscribe. By doing this, you won’t receive any emails from The League anymore.
How to deactivate The League Dating account?
If you’re deleting a League dating account just because you want to take a break, it will be better if you deactivate your account instead. The League gives you an option to deactivate your account temporarily. Let’s look at the steps to deactivate the League account from its mobile app (iOS or Android app).
- Open The League app on your device.
- Make sure you’ve logged into your account with your email address and password.
- Navigate to the app settings by clicking on the Settings menu or gear icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to click on Deactivate Account.
- Click on the Deactivate button on the prompt screen.
- Tap on Confirm to deactivate your account.
You can reactivate your account profile at any time. And all your account information will remain intact when you do so.
How to delete The League Dating account?
In case your final decision is to permanently remove your profile, you should consider deleting rather than deactivating your account. Before that, remember to erase or remove all your personal information from the platform to prevent some complications.
Deleting your account won’t cancel your membership and as a result, you’ll get automatically billed every month. That’s why ensure that you have turned off the auto-renewal and canceled the membership ahead of account deletion.
Mainly you can use two methods to delete your account. Follow the method that you are more convenient with.
Method 1: Using The League app
Follow the step-wise instructions below to delete the League dating account using its app (on Android or iOS):
- Open The League app on your Android or iOS device.
- Log into your account by entering your email address and password.
- Click on the Settings or gear icon to open app settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Request A League Time Out.
- Then, you’ll see a list of options. Click on the Delete Account.
- Again, click on Delete my Account.
- Confirm your action to permanently delete your account.
Your account will be permanently deleted along with your data within 5 minutes of confirming the deletion process.
Method 2: Sending email
This second method for deleting your account can be time-consuming. So, it will be great if you follow the first method. Only in case, you find any problem with the above method, you can use this one. You can delete your account by requesting the customer support team via email. Follow the steps below to send an email:
- Open the email address associated with your The League dating account.
- Click on Compose from the top-left side of your screen.
- Then, on the receiver’s address write email@example.com.
- Type Request to Delete my Account in the Subject section.
- Now, write an email to delete your League dating account mentioning valid reasons and request them to remove all your data.
- Here is a SAMPLE on how to write such an email
- Click the Send button.
Note: You’ll have to wait for some time while the Customer Support team reviews your request. So please be patient until they delete your account. You’ll get a confirmation email once they have removed your account.
What happens when you delete the League Dating account?
When you delete your League dating account, your profile will be permanently erased from the League with your personal data. Your current matches, chats, photos, and all previous activity will also be removed. Within 5 minutes all your account data will be removed forever. Likewise, you can no longer find your potential matches and cannot receive messages from recent matches as well as new matches anymore. You will not receive any notifications from The League.
The deletion process is different than deactivation as you won’t be able to restore your account. Remember that this process cannot be undone. If you want to use the League account again you will have to sign-up for a new account and start from scratch.
How to cancel League Dating membership?
Canceling League dating membership depends on what device you’ve used at the time of subscribing. You can use that device to remove the subscription. All the paid subscriptions of The League dating are automatically auto-renewed for the same period that you signed up for. So, you should consider canceling the auto-renewal if you do not wish to be charged even after deleting the account.
Cancel League dating subscription from Android devices
If you’ve taken your premium subscription from the Google Play Store, follow the steps on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Tap on your Profile icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now select Payments & subscriptions from the menu list.
- Click on Subscriptions from the list.
- Find The League from the list of subscriptions.
- At last, select Cancel Subscription and confirm your action.
Cancel League dating subscription from iOS devices (iPhone or iPad)
If you’ve taken your premium subscription from iTunes, follow the steps on your iOS devices:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Select iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID and View Apple ID.
- Then, enter your account password.
- Scroll down until you see Subscriptions then tap on Manage.
- Choose The League and click on Cancel Subscription.
- After that, Confirm to cancel your subscription.
What happens when you cancel your League Dating membership?
After you cancel your membership, your membership will not get auto-renewed and you can stop paying for the services on the next billing cycle. You will still have to pay the full membership fee and you will still have access to all premium features until the subscription ends. Remember one thing, you cannot get back your money as all premium memberships are non-refundable.
You should cancel the membership no less than 1 day, i.e., 24 hours ahead of the next renewal date if you completely want to close your membership renewal. To know more about this, please read the auto-renewal policy.
How to request a refund on League dating account?
If you’ve canceled The League membership and want to request a refund, you have 3 days of time after the purchase. For this, you’ll have to notify Apple (iOS) or Google (Android). You can go to the email receipt and follow the link at the bottom of your invoice to request a refund. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you do not receive a refund within 5 to 7 working days after you submit your request.
Thus, follow the above methods to delete your League dating account from its mobile apps (iOS or Android apps) and contact The League customer support team via email. You should see the deactivation steps if you just want to take a break from The League. Also, consider what will happen if you delete or deactivate your account, and see the cancelation methods.
We hope this article has helped you so far.