Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue your higher education abroad? Do you want to be part of a global network of young leaders who are committed to social change? If yes, then you should apply for the Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship!
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is a prestigious program that provides full financial and academic support to talented students from Africa and other developing regions. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, books, and other educational materials. The scholarship also offers mentoring, career guidance, leadership development, and access to internships and community service opportunities.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is available at selected partner universities in Africa, Europe, North America, and Asia. You can choose from a wide range of disciplines and fields of study, such as engineering, business, health, education, agriculture, social sciences, and more. You can also apply for undergraduate or graduate programs, depending on your level of education and eligibility.
Also, Community service and internships are indispensable components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to designated students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities. Applicants should not already be in possession of a Masters Degree/ Qualification.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Pretoria
- Study in: South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: (The Scholarship is not open for 2024. )
- Faculty of Engineering – continuing students are eligible to apply
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Coverage
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Africans. It will cover:
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- Textbooks and printed material
- VISA costs
- Leadership development opportunities
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Academic advising and counseling support
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
To qualify for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- You must have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents
- Open to young Africans who are interested in studying at postgraduate levels.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to avail Mastercard Foundation Scholarship:
(1) You may apply online here.
- To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. As soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria
Student Service Centre, Hatfield
Pretoria 0028, South Africa
(2) The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and you will be informed of the outcome. Postgraduate applicants are required to have their certificate verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please visit www.saqa.org.za
(3) Download application forms for the MCFSP from here.
Tel: 012 420 4297
To know more about Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, please visit the official websites:
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is a highly competitive and selective program that receives thousands of applications every year. Therefore, you need to prepare well and showcase your strengths and achievements in your application. You also need to demonstrate how you will use the scholarship opportunity to advance your academic and career goals and make a positive impact on your community and society.
If you are ready to take the next step in your educational journey and join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, don’t miss this chance! Apply now and get ready to transform your life and the world!