If you are looking for a job in the UK, you may have heard of the term “visa sponsorship”. This means that an employer is willing to sponsor your visa application, which is required for most non-EU citizens who want to work in the UK. In this blog post, we will explain what visa sponsorship is, how to find visa sponsorship jobs, and what are the benefits of working for a visa sponsor employer.
What is Visa Sponsorship?
Visa sponsorship is a process where an employer applies for a work visa on behalf of a foreign worker who they want to hire. The employer must prove that they have a genuine need for the worker’s skills, that they cannot find a suitable candidate from the UK or EU, and that they will pay the worker at least the minimum salary required by the visa category. The employer must also pay a fee and an immigration skills charge to the Home Office for each sponsored worker.
Types of UK Work Visa
There are different types of work visas that require sponsorship, such as:
Tier 2 (General) Visa:
This is the most common visa for skilled workers who have a job offer from a UK employer. The employer must have a sponsor licence and issue a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) to the worker. The worker must also meet certain criteria, such as having a relevant qualification, an English language level, and enough funds to support themselves. The Tier 2 (General) visa allows the worker to stay in the UK for up to five years, with the possibility of extending it or applying for settlement (permanent residence) after five years.
Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa:
This is a visa for workers who are transferred from an overseas branch of their employer to a UK branch. The employer must have a sponsor licence and issue a CoS to the worker. The worker must also meet certain criteria, such as having worked for the employer for at least 12 months, having a relevant qualification, and earning at least £41,500 per year. The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) visa allows the worker to stay in the UK for up to five years, or nine years if they earn more than £73,900 per year. However, this visa does not lead to settlement.
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visa:
This is a visa for workers who come to the UK for a short-term or temporary purpose, such as charity workers, creative workers, religious workers, sportspeople, or youth mobility scheme participants. The employer must have a sponsor licence and issue a CoS to the worker. The worker must also meet certain criteria, such as having an English language level and enough funds to support themselves. The Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa allows the worker to stay in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months, depending on the category. This visa does not lead to settlement.
Read also: Apply For UK Spouse Visa
UK Government Visa Sponsorship Jobs Benefits
Working for a visa sponsor employer can offer you many benefits, such as:
– The opportunity to live and work in the UK legally and securely.
– The chance to gain valuable skills and experience in your field or industry.
– The possibility of progressing your career and earning potential in the UK market.
– The access to free healthcare through the National Health Service (NHS).
– The eligibility to apply for settlement or citizenship after meeting certain requirements.
– The ability to bring your family members with you as dependants on your visa.
Job Opportunities in the UK for Foreigners
Jobs are available in different fields in UK. UK jobs are in high demand for below field/ positions and are considered as skill shortage jobs.
- Science and pharmaceuticals
- Social Care
- Accountancy, banking, and finance
- Business services
- Creative arts and design
How to Find Visa Sponsorship Jobs?
Finding a visa sponsorship job can be challenging, as not all employers are willing or able to sponsor foreign workers. However, there are some ways to increase your chances of finding a suitable job, such as:
– Searching on job boards that specialise in visa sponsorship jobs, such as Indeed.co.uk, Monster.co.uk, or Glassdoor.co.uk. You can filter your search by keywords such as “visa sponsorship”, “Tier 2”, or “sponsorship available”.
– Looking for employers who have a sponsor licence and are listed on the Home Office’s register of sponsors. You can find this list on the gov.uk website. However, bear in mind that not all sponsors are actively hiring or sponsoring workers at any given time.
– Networking with people who work in your field or industry in the UK, such as through LinkedIn, professional associations, or events. You can ask them for advice, referrals, or recommendations on potential employers who sponsor visas.
– Applying for jobs that are in high demand or shortage occupations in the UK, such as healthcare professionals, engineers, IT specialists, or teachers. These jobs are more likely to qualify for visa sponsorship and may have lower requirements or exemptions.
– Improving your skills, qualifications, and experience to make yourself more attractive and competitive for employers. You can also showcase your achievements and portfolio on your CV and cover letter.
Companies that Sponsor Work Visas in UK 2023
Here is a list of few UK Visa Sponsorship companies that offer Sponsorship to applicants who have knowledge, Degree, and good education and communication skills.
- NHS UK
Visit NHS website to find relevant NHS visa sponsorship jobs.
- Deloitte UK
Visit Deloitte UK website
- Delivero in UK
Visit Delivero website https://careers.deliveroo.co.uk/
- Google in UK
Google is an American multinational technology company that focuses on search engine technology, online advertising, cloud computing, quantum computing, e-commerce, and artificial intelligence. Visit website for relevant opportunities
- KPMG in UK
KPMG is a multinational professional services network and one of the major accounting organizations.
- GSK is a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology business based in the United Kingdom. Visit official website for relevant opportunities.
- Rolls Rice
Rolls Rice Motor Cars Limited is a British luxury automobile maker. The company’s administrative and production headquarters are located in the UK, England and West Sussex.
- Barclays in UK
The UK Barclays is a British Multinational Universal Bank, headed by London, England.
Visa sponsorship is a key factor for many foreign workers who want to work in the UK. It involves an employer applying for a work visa on behalf of a worker who they want to hire. There are different types of work visas that require sponsorship, such as Tier 2, Tier 5, or other categories. Finding a visa sponsorship job can be challenging, but there are some ways to increase your chances, such as searching on specialised job boards, looking for sponsor licence holders, networking with professionals, applying for shortage occupations, or improving your skills. Working for a visa sponsor employer can offer you many benefits, such as legal status, career development, healthcare access, settlement eligibility, or family reunion.
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and tips on visa sponsorship jobs in the UK. Thank you for reading and good luck with your job search!